Room too small - any suggestions

I have to temporarily relocate the music to a small room - 10w x 10d x 10h (so I guess it is a cube!). Seating position can be no further than 8 feet from the rear wall (due to room configuration).

System is Sony SCD-1 into BAT 3i and VK60 monoblocks. Yeah it is overkill but it isn't forever. My Vandys are way too big for the room and the bass is a major problem as I can't get much more than 18 inches from the side walls and 2 feet from the rear.

Any suggestions - mainly listen to Jazz. Prefer to keep it under $3K.

Thanks
pops9745
I would have recommended the Harbeths but I was really serious about a rolled off top end being better for such a small room. If your room is that small Charlie, then my guess would be (1) you amp is very soft on top and (2) you have curtains or something that absorbs the reflections. When I move my Harbeths into my living room (not as small as the rooms we're discussing) there's too much reflection off the french doors. I have the same problem with my mini P3's but can move them around easier.

With the Sony and the BATs and the preference for the Vandy's, I dont know if a world class monitor is the way to go.

Plus, have you ever heard the KLH Model 5? It was a great speaker if you didnt need to or couldnt play really loud. I have a pair that my father in law bought in Bethesda in 1968. The only reason I dont have them hooked up right now in his system is one of the tweeters (or the crossover) is dead.
Any chance to knock out a wall and make the room bigger? I would probably work on improving the listening room itself before trying any more gear. If you can't adjust the room you probably need monitiors instead of full range speakers. Something along the lines of a Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home. Good luck.
Pops: Pick up the pair of Rogers Ls3/5a's at this site (under $800.00) and have some fun until you get your main listening room back. A shoebox speaker for a shoebox room.
i too have a small listening room. i have a pair of silverline sr-16s. they are sitting on sand filled osiris 24s. i keep them at different distances from the corners, in a triangular set-up. they are only being driven with a single ended forty watt t.a. and i still overfill the room... but they still crank it out pretty good, with alot of detail. playing with the room seems to have the most effect now.
While I am awaiting a move to a larger room, rather than trade in my full range speakers, I opted for a room correction DSP, and some room treatments. It really is effective.