Help: Hook up Sony DVP-S9000ES

Hi,
I just got the Sony DVP-9000ES,and need help how to connect to the Classe SSP25.
1/ Do I have to have 2 cables (Digital Cable for DVD, and IC for Super CD)or do I need any one of them in order to play both DVD and Supper Audio CD? I ask this question because in the manual says that "SACD audio signals are not output from the DIGITAL OUT OPTICAL or COAXIAL connectors"
2/ Which one is the best to use: Optical or Coaxial?
3/ If I want to bypass the Sony's DAC and use Classe's DAC,which output should I use on the Sony: Digital or Analog?
Thanks for your help
Tran
worldcup86
I am simply saying that a CD(properly recorded) w/ a good DAC will sound strikingly similar to a normal SACD, in other words I would rather invest in CD's and enjoy most any title I want then try to focus on SACD and there 500(?) or so titles. I enjoy the few SACD's I own, but am not planning on expanding the collection any more. Talk to Carl over at Audio Unlimited, he will instill upon you-as he did me-the reasons he feel it is not worth the time to 'get into' SACD, not saying it is a bad format, just not a realistic option at this point, well for me at least. Take care~Tim
Tim, once you get your 9000ES modified by Dan, you will enjoy redbook CDs even more, BUT, you will change your mind about SACDs. Well-done redbook CDs are VERY enjoyable, BUT, a well-done SACD is quite a bit superior to the well-done CD. SACD, in the right system, simply moves you a notch or two higher on the emotional involvement scale. You should feel optomistic; you have some good things to look forward to ;-). Enjoy your holidays. TK
Tim, it took me a while to really understand the effect SACD has. After listening for months I really can't stand that any CD I might want isn't available in a CD/SACD
format. I have listened extensively to DCS upsampled CD's and love the improvement, but once you A-B the same tracks in SACD, the SACD wins every time. It is an across the board improvement, not a partial one.
I'll keep that in mind, perhaps try to give things a more open mind. Regards,
Tim