Speaker Cable Too Short What to do?

Greetings, I just bought a pair of expensive mit cables but one of them does not quite reach my amp by a foot. What an idiot I am!!!!
I am playing around with the furniture to try to make things work, but is there anything else I can do? Can I use an mit jumper to extend the short cable? Will that degrade the sound? Does it matter that one speaker cable will be longer than the other?
asamuelson
A grown man capable of spending $XXXX on expensive MIT cables should have spent $5.99 for a tape measure. I am sorry for you, however I cannot locate any sympathy.

beemer
Hey your at audiogon, a great place to buy and sell gear, the solution seems simple to me.
Tim
I would avoid using jumpers or having connections of different lengths if possible. If I were in this situation, I would find ways to locate the amp one foot closer -- proper location of speakers is usually much more critical than amp location. Of course, you must already have considered this and rejected it. If so, I recommend replacing the speaker cables with the proper length, which is the textbook solution. Perhaps you can sell the too short cables on Audiogon and buy a longer pair cheaply here, too. Good luck.
Sell the MIT, and get a better pair of cables! Sorry, I'm not a big fan of MIT. Sometimes, bad things happen for good reasons, ending up in much better results! Happy Tunes!
Sorry to hear this but do not splice. Perhaps you can exchange them for a longer pair. Contact MIT if the dealer won't budge. Good luck.