Speaker Cable Too Short What to do?

Greetings, I just bought a pair of expensive mit cables but one of them does not quite reach my amp by a foot. What an idiot I am!!!!
I am playing around with the furniture to try to make things work, but is there anything else I can do? Can I use an mit jumper to extend the short cable? Will that degrade the sound? Does it matter that one speaker cable will be longer than the other?
asamuelson
A grown man capable of spending $XXXX on expensive MIT cables should have spent $5.99 for a tape measure. I am sorry for you, however I cannot locate any sympathy.

beemer
Hey your at audiogon, a great place to buy and sell gear, the solution seems simple to me.
Tim
I would avoid using jumpers or having connections of different lengths if possible. If I were in this situation, I would find ways to locate the amp one foot closer -- proper location of speakers is usually much more critical than amp location. Of course, you must already have considered this and rejected it. If so, I recommend replacing the speaker cables with the proper length, which is the textbook solution. Perhaps you can sell the too short cables on Audiogon and buy a longer pair cheaply here, too. Good luck.
Sell the MIT, and get a better pair of cables! Sorry, I'm not a big fan of MIT. Sometimes, bad things happen for good reasons, ending up in much better results! Happy Tunes!