Best intergrated amp. for US$800

I am looking for a musical intergrated amp. pls help
huijamesda3a
Huijames: If you want to buy the best integrated amplifier for around $800.00?? Then I have only have three suggestions: (01). The Musical Fidelity X-A2 -- $695.00 @ Audio Advisors, but like "Megasam" has said, if you want remote control though, you're going to be short. Or you can probably buy an older X-A1 at a closeout price also from Audio Advisors. But this amp (the newer X-A2) is the top dog in the $800.00 and under amplifier arena right now. (02). The Creek 4330(R).... $595.00 with remote, and $495.00 without remote (dubbed the 4330). Doesn't have much power, but it sounds awfully great. It has also been compared to other amplifiers that are 2X or 3X its price. So, it's a giant killer too (compare this thing to the Bryston B-60 ($1,600.00, more than three times the price of the Creeks), you'll know what I'm talking about). (03). The NAD C370. Nice sound, plenty of power and a remote control, all for under $600.00. And versatile too. And if you don't mind doing even a little more research, there are even alternatives from Cambridge Audio (I think that's what it is) and from Audio Refinement. Well, that ought to be enough to get you started. Good Luck..... --Charles--
Chaskelljr: Hello, have you listened to both the X-A1 and X-A2 amps? I own the X-A1 and am wondering how different the sound of the X-A2 is. I for some reason suspect that it may sound a little less warm, as this has been MF's trend with their newer products.
Dekay: I have listened to a Musical Fidelity X-A2, but not the X-A1, so I cannot comment on the X-A1. But I do hear (read seems like a better word here) that the X-A1 exhibits a less warm and more upfront sound than does the X-A2, but I cannot say that for certain. But the X-A1 is still a great amplifier. Because the X-A2 is the newer model and is replacing the X-A1, you may be able to get an X-A1 at a closeout price now at Audio Advisors. --Charles--
Hi Charles. That is what I did, it was $500.00 3 months ago. I just confirmed that a pair of the XA-50 mono blocks are on their way and since the synergy between the older X-A1 and the X-A50's is already estasblished I will stick with the X-A1 for now. I guess that I just have that "boy I wish I would have waited and got that one" syndrome. Hearing that the X-A2 is warmer is intersting though. I will consider it for a bedroom system (along with the Audio Refinement) if I shy away from tubes. It sure would simplify the speaker selection. Thanks.
The Audio Refinement Complete is an amazingly musical, yet forgivingly smooth integrated for an inexpensive system. I demoed it extensively against NAD and ACURUS ($1600), and could not believe how much better it sounded. I eventually selected PASS gear for my ref system because of higher resolution, transparency and holography, but I remain utterly respectful of what that little ARC can do for an $800 street price (with remote!), and will probably get one for a no-muss/no-fuss bedroom system. Enjoy the music. Ernie