MOG to shut down, replaced by Beats Music

MOG is being replaced by Beats Music. It seems the cost is going from $5 per month to $10 per month. The MOG shut down is in April.

Does anyone have more info on Beats Music? Will the features of MOG be on the Beats Music web site?
hgeifman
i posted my initial impressions of beats on another thread. i'm still undecided if i'm gonna go with beats or spotify when mog shuts down---i'm impressed with beats sq and depth of catalog but a bit frustrated with their over-busy ui and useless-to-me features like social media and left-field recommendations. spotify has simpler interface and somewhat ambiguously claims that like beats they stream 99% of their stuff in 320kb (and use ogg format, which is supposed to be superior to mp3), but users seem to be skeptical. in any event, i'll miss mog.
I received the same email as Hgeifman and responded with my concerns. BEATS responded saying we should submit suggestions to them at [email protected]. I just sent them the following,
I, and many other Logitech Squeezebox users would love to have the option to continue to use MOG (or what it becomes) on our Squeezebox products. Without compatibility we will be forced to go with Spotify as it seems to be the only viable option.
We, as audiophiles really appreciated the audio advantages of MOG compared to many of it's competitors.
Please keep us in mind.
Thank you,
Robert (Audio Lover)
This is a real bummer. I am a squeezebox touch owner and I just signed up for MOG a few days before I heard this news. I hope there is an equivalent quality substitute for MOG that is SBT compatible.
I really liked MOG....I use them every day. But this is the internet, things change every day. I'll give the new guys a chance.
I would love to try Beats but I don't listen to music on my phone and I don't have (or want to place) a computer near my audio system. At this point those appear to be the only avenues for receiving their stream. I don't even mind the price increase so much - $4.99/mo was an unbelievable deal. As I said above, if they would just document and open their API, I bet somebody would do the work for them and they could retain all of us. Thanks for the email address Tune_man. I'll probably send them a similar email. Maybe if enough of us speak, they'll hear. Dick