Linda Ronstadt can't sing anymore.

Do not know if everyone has seen or heard this, but Linda Ronstadt has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and can't sing anymore.

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/24/215035751/ronstadt-tells-aarp-she-has-parkinsons

If one can say that a particular artist/group got them into high-end audio, she would be mine.

Definitely in my top 5 of favorite female vocalists.

Very sad indeed...
128x128mofimadness
Sfar, we may have gone to two different shows, but the one I saw had Little Feat opening, followed by Linda Ronstadt singing with Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen (who were still hanging around from their Armadillo gig a few days earlier)...?
She played her own rhythm guitar parts on a Gibson J-200. After each song she'd get with one of the guys in the LPA and discuss what song they might do next. It was really casual and an amazing treat to hear and to see.
Around that same time I saw her open for Neil Young in Houston and of course it was a tighter, better-rehearsed situation. Each show was great in its own right. But that night at the Armadillo was very special for me.
Tostadosunidos - Yes, must have been a different show, the one I saw was all Little Feat and Linda Ronstadt, but I wish I'd seen the one with Commander Cody, too.

It was a pretty tight show, Lowell George was definitely in charge and she seemed reluctant to put herself out front. She just sang, never played guitar. She would slip away backstage, depending on the song, and then reappear at unexpected times.
Guys, she isn't dead, she just has an illness. From the interview I read, she is doing pretty well and coping with it. My Mom had it, and lived a very good life for years. Michael J. Fox would be another good example.
Of course it is sad that she in no longer able to sing, but I am sure that she has many other valuable capabilities that are still intact...and she's alive.
Now Yoko, that's another story...
She has had a better run thru life tham 99.8% of humans ever get.
To every thing there is a season, he voice hasn't been much for years and I can't do a 50 mile forced march like I used to.
Porter Wagoner was pushing 80 when he did Wagonmaster, and he could still sing pretty well but voice was not what it used to be. Worked well for that album.

Lots of classic rockers still out there singing with success, but there can't be many more years left on that edition.

Nothing lasts forever. Gotta appreciate the gifts and talents we are given while we can.