Classical, Spanish & South American Guitar Jewels

I like the Guitar and find it is relatively easily reproduced with my smaller speakers so the "sound" is generally very acceptable.
I am hoping to find albums versus best of compilations(still welcome); whether on vinyl or CD. I'll start out with 2 CD's I enjoy. Easy listening.
1. Music of the Brazilian Masters, Concord Picante label from Concord Jazz. CCD-4389. Laurindo Almeida, Carlos Bosa-Lima, Charlie Byrd. It's nice to hear the different guitars,playing styles and even strings.
2. Portrait of John Williams. CBS Records Masterworks. MK 37791. John Williams.
I hope someone enjoys these and has suggestions for other treasures. More to follow.
ptss
I'm fan of modern school of classical guitar and like the following current classical artists:
Jason Vieaux
Ana Vidovic
Modern classical guitar school allowes free and comfortable placement of the right hand oppose to Segovia's school of placing it perpendicular to strings thus allowing better possibilities to get clean notes.

For latin and flamenco, I'd pick
Steve Stevens(who was performing with Billy Idol)
Gerrardo Nunez from los jovenos flamencos (sorry no spanish keyboard for the right spelling)
Gipsy Kings -- great gipsy/flamenco acoustic band
Here's one that although it isn't a stereotypical Flamenco/Classical recording I find it interesting, and more importantly, good enough to be included in a guitar thread! Vocalist (Jazz?) Cyrille Aimee's latest; 'It's A Good Day' features her unique band, made up of bass, perc, and 3 gtrs. The gtr players are said to be a Brazilean, a gypsy, and a Jazz player. Good record!

http://youtu.be/WOLhltBdCNU
Schubert, Eliot's baroque performances are just unbelievable--more like a harpsichordist than a guitarist. You should check out his Scarlatti (if you haven't already).
Mapman,I agree about the timeless appeal of the songs being a factor with Jim (but I thought his voice and presentation could make most any song acceptable); and the loss of that in today's contemporary music I think guarantees your right- that most songs and singers will be fairly soon forgotten. Hopefully the 'screamers' first. Yuck.
Tosta, interesting; and understandable. I find Bream a bit too much on the cool, or uninvolved sounding, even when the playing is 'perfect?'. I much prefer Williams and Oscar. Segovia's repertoire, on the numerous albums I have often did not engage me.
I doubt I listened to a full side; yet the reverse is true of Pepe and Angel, on the albums I have. I make lists of guitar pieces I like and find the current level of newer (to me)players is quite accomplished. Mind you these new have had the benefit of excellent recordings by masters to learn from and emulate. With today's video world I expect the overall caliber of serious players to improve as well. It's hard to beat hearing and seeing technique at the same time.