Classical, Spanish & South American Guitar Jewels

I like the Guitar and find it is relatively easily reproduced with my smaller speakers so the "sound" is generally very acceptable.
I am hoping to find albums versus best of compilations(still welcome); whether on vinyl or CD. I'll start out with 2 CD's I enjoy. Easy listening.
1. Music of the Brazilian Masters, Concord Picante label from Concord Jazz. CCD-4389. Laurindo Almeida, Carlos Bosa-Lima, Charlie Byrd. It's nice to hear the different guitars,playing styles and even strings.
2. Portrait of John Williams. CBS Records Masterworks. MK 37791. John Williams.
I hope someone enjoys these and has suggestions for other treasures. More to follow.
ptss
More detail for those into it. The Brazilian Masters CD I mentioned is 'phase correct' on my Spectral system-which is wired so that Reference Recordings & Chesky albums/CD's I own play correctly when phase correct position is selected on my Spectral DMC20 preamp. The John Williams plays correctly when phase reverse is selected. Those w/o a phase reverse switch may want to experiment; listening to a cut and then reverse the red & black leads, either at the amp OR speakers and listening again. You will then know the way your system is oriented and can mark your Cds/albums if you find it beneficial/worthwhile. Mine are marked (out of laziness) even though I hear the difference in moments and make the change that "improves the dynamics, clarity and musicality of the album". That phase reversal ability was an essential feature in choosing a preamp.
Hifiharv.
I have some Segovia I like but not that. It sounds like one I would enjoy. I have the feeling Schubert would agree..
Casey33.
I will check him out. If I like him, his playing on other labels will probably appeal even though the sound may not be up to the Columbia standard. I can listen through inferior reproduction (within limits-and I guess I am fussy/spoiled somewhat) if the music/playing engages me.
Gsm1849.
I appreciate hearing of these obscure gems and will try to check it out. we can't find them all ourselves-but this venue provides a great opportunity for those who like to share.
Mlsstl.
Couldn't agree more re Norbert. He's also a nice guy and does technical recording work for Canada's CBC and has co-ordinated and produced Cds for the Naxos label- Cavatina for one. I will look up his catalog but appreciate recommendations on particular albums very much. I can't afford to buy every album/CD (but wish I could), heck, i don't even have time to find what I like-hence this thread.
+1 on Paco De Lucia, he's the real deal! Perhaps slightly more contemporary but very tasty would be the duo Strunz & Farah. Check out 'Live' and be prepared to be dazzled!
I agree with you on Paco. I have a number of his older albums and "they rock".
Paco de Lucia is the man for contemporary flamenco. For a more traditional flamenco style you might check out Paco Pena.

I personally would not mention a lot of these other good pseudo-flamenco guitarists in the same breath as them. Their dazzling chops serve up nothing interesting IMO. It's all about the music itself. YMMV.
Yes. Paco Pena is also great. What are your favorite albums or ,today of course, CDs?