Has biwire speaker cabling become "old" ?

I notice some makers are not stocking biwire termination. Has biwire gone out of favor ? Was it sonically meaningless ?
Have speaker makers dropped it ? Do us owners of biwire built speakers need to resort to jumpers or aftermarket biwire cables now ?
garn509
This is obviously a topic many people have questions about (myself included) based on the number and variety of responses. I recently recabled my Avantgard Trio horn speakers changing from the manufacture recommended biwire cable to a single high quality cable and then running a jumper to the powered subs. The result was much better sound which I attribute solely to the higher quality cable, not the configuration. I suppose if one could compare the biwire arrangement with the same cable used for the single run, the experiment would be complete. But that would have been outside my budget, essentially doubling my cost. Bottom line, in this case the single run cable array was the better option.
Silverline Audio recommends biwiring for all their speakers in their somewhat generic setup suggestions. When I found a used pair of Preludes years ago I found that one driver wasn't working so I called Silverline to see about a replacement (it was a wiring issue so I ended up not needing one) and Alan Yun (the owner/designer) answers the phone...a fun conversation ensued where he tells me the Preludes specifically should NOT be biwired as they're more "coherent" single wired. I tried both ways, and he was right...my conclusion is that it is taste and/or speaker specific, and nothing should be assumed without listening closely.
Wondering Wolf if Alan told you why he has biwire connectors on the speakers if they specifically should Not be biwired...
"03-22-15: Jl35
Wondering Wolf if Alan told you why he has biwire connectors on the speakers if they specifically should Not be biwired..."

To biamp.