Has biwire speaker cabling become "old" ?

I notice some makers are not stocking biwire termination. Has biwire gone out of favor ? Was it sonically meaningless ?
Have speaker makers dropped it ? Do us owners of biwire built speakers need to resort to jumpers or aftermarket biwire cables now ?
garn509

Showing 4 responses by zd542

I don't get your post. You're using biwire speaker cables in your own system. What's your opinion on the matter? Do you hear any differences?
"03-19-15: Polk432
I have bi-wired every speaker that I've owned that could be bi-wired, but never heard any difference in sound. Bi- amplifying is the only way I heard a difference. Just try it both ways and see (hear) what you like best."

I do hear the difference in biwiring most of the time, and now that I use just Vandersteens, its 100% of the time. Its a big difference. But if you don't hear the difference, why waste the extra money on getting biwire cables?
"03-20-15: Timrhu

Funny thing, my Dunlavy speakers have bi-wire terminals. If he didn't believe in them why did he put them on his speakers?
Rja
Because some marketing types told him audiophiles demand it."

Is it possible, however unlikely, they put 2 sets of terminals on the speakers for something other than marketing purposes? Maybe he didn't believe in biwiring, but he did believe in biamping.
"03-22-15: Jl35
Wondering Wolf if Alan told you why he has biwire connectors on the speakers if they specifically should Not be biwired..."

To biamp.