MIT cables and super tweeters

So I'm leaning towards purchasing some MIT cables (likely Shotgun S3 IC and speaker cables), but I can't figure out what the network box on the cables actually does. From what I've read, it appears to act as a low pass filter to remove all the grunge carried at utlra high frequencies which supposedly can muck up the audible frequencies. While this doesn't sound like a bad thing, I also intend to purchase a Townshend Super Tweeter (20kHz -70kHz per specs) some time this year (**crosses fingers**). If the MIT's network box is acting as a low pass filter, then wouldn't it filter out all the audio frequency info that would've gone to the super tweeter? Anybody have any insight on this as I'm not sure if this is even right. Thanks much.
128x128kgturner
Eventhough I don't think Audiofeil is end all guru of audio I do think he knows a lot. But about MIT cables, now way I would want them in my system. I don't trust network boxes in cables and never will.
My very limited experience with MIT cable is the they have a bigger sonic signature then any other cable on the market. That is also the thing I don't like about them.
"I don't trust network boxes in cables and never will.
My very limited experience with MIT cable is the they have a bigger sonic signature then any other cable on the market."

Trust your ears, that's all that matters.

If two cables sound different then they have sonic signatures. Otherwise they would all sound the same and be interchangeable.
In concept, I don't want network boxes in the signal path but I've got to have em! MIT reference level interconnects are my preference by a long shot. As Mapman states trust your ears....period. YMWV...
Thanks to all for the input. If possible, I'd appreciate any input, experience, or argument that could be generated from the choice of MIT Shotgun S3 versus Home Grown Audio Silver Lace ICs.
Had a pair of HG RCA's once and found them bright and thin sounding. MIT S3's are neutral, full and dynamic sounding cables. Best bang for the buck however are the Monster Z200i's if you can still get them from Shop All Monster...I've sold my MIT Magnum M1 IC's after A/B listening in my system using my RCA and XLR outs from my Sony XA5400ES SACD player. The Monster Z200i's were as good and a little bit fuller sounding and the slightest bit clearer...amazing for $119/.5M or $199/1M length. Try them and I think you will completely blown away by their performance:O)