How do you respond to this question?

If asked, How would you respond to; Why do you listen to vinyl?
markeetaux
I'm an old guy who purchased a lot of music on LP over the years. I am not about to try to replace it all with digital at this point. Besides, I have some titles on both LP and CD, and usually the LP is the better sounding copy.

I'm sure there are digital files available that sound better than most of my CD's but, until I move into that realm, my LP's are staying right where they are!
It's part of my life. I have spent more time in my life looking for and buying vinyl since jr. high. Today I listened to an album I have owned for over 40 years and it still sounded pretty good. I listen to CD'S to and own quite a few and yes today's CD'S are neck and neck in sound but now with my phono stage I can make digital copies of my vinyl through my computer and not have to purchase duplicates for travel.
I listen to vinyl because...
it sounds different than digital. To my ears, some of it actually sounds better so these end up being very special albums. With some other titles, CD's may sound better so when I am in the mood for that music, I will play a CD.

Finally, I am a listener and not a collector. So its fun looking for the best sounding copy of an album on vinyl I can find as not all pressings sound the same. They do on CD though.