Tonearm Options for Basis 2800

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience putting something other than a Graham or Vector tonearm on this table. I'm somewhat new to turntables and my perhaps incorrect impression was that with a bit of tweaking most arms could go on most tables, and by tweaking I don't mean radically changing the plinth etc. I was considering putting a Vector 4 on a table that has a Vector 3 and was told (by the big kahoona) that it's not possible because of a "high cup/low cup issue", so I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks
128x128moryoga
You can put a Vector 4 on your turntable, but it has to be a high cup arm, due to the platter height, which is what Mr. Conti tried to explain, I am guessing.

It will be difficult to better the Basis Vector on that turntable, but maybe the Superarm 9 is a consideration.
Any Graham arm. I have the Debut and I used a 2.2 now the Phantom. I just wish I could add another arm but am looking into arm pods.
You haven't received the tt yet? You posted back in January that you were having issues with the bass and then that the bass "rocks". Now you're saying you didn't get it yet. OK - no problem. My mistake.
Graham Phantom
- done right design
- excellent adjustment even for owners with 10 left thumbs
- tonality is right
- replaceable Arm tubes for different carts
- all adjustments repeatable