Tonearm Options for Basis 2800

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience putting something other than a Graham or Vector tonearm on this table. I'm somewhat new to turntables and my perhaps incorrect impression was that with a bit of tweaking most arms could go on most tables, and by tweaking I don't mean radically changing the plinth etc. I was considering putting a Vector 4 on a table that has a Vector 3 and was told (by the big kahoona) that it's not possible because of a "high cup/low cup issue", so I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks
128x128moryoga

Showing 3 responses by jperry

Did you buy another Basis? I saw that you purchased the 2200. Did you now buy a 2800 as well?

Let me know if you want to sell the 2200. I will buy it for the same price you paid.
You can put a Vector 4 on your turntable, but it has to be a high cup arm, due to the platter height, which is what Mr. Conti tried to explain, I am guessing.

It will be difficult to better the Basis Vector on that turntable, but maybe the Superarm 9 is a consideration.
Thanks Larryi and Jwm. I had a new belt for my Basis that I had not installed and it made a significant positive difference. The individual instruments were more focused.

Moryoga, glad to hear the Vector 4 fit on your new turntable.