DYNAVECTOR XV1T - XV-1T VTF ??

Anybody have any suggestions what VTF I should use on this cartridge? I'm using an AYRE DPS turntable with the factory carbon fibre Willi Bauer tone arm. I need a VTF of 2.7 grams to really make this cartridge come alive. My VTA is about level with the record perhaps a little lower on the weight side.

I have about 30 hours on the cartridge..

Stresses me out! is 2.7g too heavy ?
vanderdm
I have an XV-1s so its not the same as the XV-1t but should be similar. The first 3-6 months I ran my XV-1s on the heavy side of 2.2 - 2.3 grams as the cart suspension broke in. However, as the sound be came duller and lifeless I transitioned over the first year to now a tracking weight of 1.95 grams.

2.7 grams does seem high. It will be interesting to see if any other XV-1t owners or XV-1s owners chime in.

You may want to give Mike Pranka a call after CES - he is the Dyna distributor to the US.
The XV-1S had the identical Problem. Some wrote they can only listen to it with a VTF which is much higher than the Manufacturer recommendation, because it definitely sounds better, but the majority used it in the recommended range because they were afraid that the cantilever will die pretty fast. With normal VTF it was simply slow, dull, anemic. Far away from a lifelike Performance
There was no way out.
A normal correction from new to broken in is maybe 0,10-0.20 max, but never +0.60+ I use all my cart in the lower range from Manufacturer recommendation and my carts work for years and years without any
Degradation. And they sound worse with too much VTF. The Design is the way it is, but a lot will tell you that it sounds wonderful with recommended VTF ...
Don't listen so critically, tell the world instead how great it is.
All do that. :-)
Or go for Te Kaitora Rua.
I have an XV1-s. With the Tri-planar MkVII, Durand Talea and Telos tonearms, it sounded best with VTF between 1.83-1.95 gm, depending on the tonearm. I have experimented with the higher tracking forces advocated by some and IMO, the XV1-s sounded terrible at the higher VTF...

While the XV1-s can sound very good with a less than optimal set up, a lot of the magic of the cartridge happens when the set up is spot on. If you haven't done so already, invest in a great protractor and accurate scale. Most importantly, invest the time to nail the set up. The XV1-t is a great cartridge!
I agree with Syntax that a normal correction as a cart is broken in is almost always (never absolute) between 0.1 - 0.3 grams. I also agree with Jazdoc that my XV-1s on my tonearm is fantastic at 1.95 grams and dull and lifeless at 2.5 grams. It can very well be set up dependent so I agree a good protractor and VTF guage is imperative for those expensive carts of all makes. Locking it in is a must!
Thanks everyone for chiming in. I use the factory protractor that came with the TT (which is mated perfectly for the tonearm that comes with the table) Do you guys think an aftermarket protractor will do a better job?

As far as setup, I wore a hole in my listening chair from getting up, sitting down, getting up, sitting down, getting up, sitting down - for days on end! I think I have it dialed in pretty good.. I have detail coming out of this cartridge that I have never heard before. I'm certainly happy with the sound. If i take it back to 2.2g it sounds lifeless, no punch, less detail.. ( though at 2.7g everything is better but I do notice more surface noise from the record )