Okki Nokki RCM-5 vs VPI 16.5

What record cleaning machine is the most effective and most reliable?
typhon1973
Easy availability of parts from VPI is a nice advantage. I got a 16.5 with a bum turntable motor and VPI was great to work with on solving my problem. Any part you would need is easy to order from their website
I echo the comments already made. American made, direct availability of parts without going thru an importer. If the importer somehow loses the relationship with Okki Nokki, parts could become very difficult to obtain. VPI has great customer service and the 16.5 has great track record in it's price range.
I have a Okki Nokki and it is a good working cleaning maschine. But the vaccum should be more powerfull. I offen have to dry some of the cleaningfluid off.

So i have considred to change to VIP, because it should have a more powerfull vaccum. But i dont know?
I looked into this at a prior date, but couldn't justify the cost of an RCM given my modest vinyl collection. However, I was definitely impressed with the Okki Nokki, and would likely have purchased it over the VPI 16.5.

Briefly, the Okki Nokki rotates in both directions, is MUCH quieter, looks a bit nicer, and was moderately cheaper (at the time). Both are great machines, so it depends on how much you value the features just mentioned. Personally, I would choose the Okki Nokki based on the duel rotation and lower operating noise alone.
Okki Nokki is the best -- hands down. I've used one for two years. What impressed me is that the OKKI NOKKI's arm is made of METAL. The VPI 16.5 is made of PLASTIC. The VPI's arm has a history of breaking if you press down on it too hard OR at an angle. There is a wonderful you tube video comparing both machines -- the OKKI NOKKI is clearly the better product.