What defines a high compliance cartridge vs low

This question has two parts and derives from the recent tone arm thread.
What do you think is a highly complant cartridge specification? What would be a low or resistant compliance figure? Where does one draw the line in terms of the specs provided?
Knowing that tone arm mass and compliance are important considerations for optimal performance, then what formula, or ratio do you use for optimal tone arm mass for a given compliance? Or Vice Versa?
mechans
Post removed 
Thanks to all,
Rodman thanks for the links, but essentially I can't do much to change the arm on the MMF-5 so I will sell it some day when and if I can afford a second MC system.
Stefani thanks for the details on the RedGum. I don't hear any roll off with these speakers. VR2s don't produce the lowest bass.
They are very good speakers but were the smallest floor standers in the VS VR line at the time. They were bought for WAF and the fit and finish . The lightly patterned maple veneer is still mint despite kids and about 10 years of use.
However they are probably not the best match for the superb DA-60. I still recommend them because they are an incredible bargain. I heard that some were manufactured in China some time after I bought mine which are USA made in San Diego.
In fact there HAS been a considerable reduction in compliance since 1980; you can see this by looking at Shure cartridges using the old HiFi Choice tests, the most exhaustive ones ever done. The Shure V-15 3 was measured in 1977 as having a compliance of 40; by 1980 the V-15 3 HE had risen to 53. But in the same issue the Type 4 was only 32. And in 1982 the type V was measured at 25, half that of the 3 HE. In the late 70s the compliance race that had been going on for years reached its climax and retreated to the more sensible levels we see now. In earlier days even many MCs like the Dynavector had compliance's above 25.
Dear Mechants: I don't have nothing to add on what other people posted other that could be nice and a " surprise " to you if you try/test that Goldring 1042 cartridge in the VPI set up.
That cartridge has a lot better quality performance that you think and that the today set up preclude to shows you.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Stanwal- At what frequencies were those compliance readings taken? Everything changes DRAMATICALLY, when read at say, 100Hz as compared to 1k or 10kHz. Read the info available at the last site I recommended, as to compliance ratings. The REALLY important compliance reading, re: tonearm/cartridge resonance, should start at 10Hz.