MM cart recommendations for VPI Scout TT

anyone care to recommend some good mm cart synergistic with the vpi aries tt ? $500 would be tops i would choose.
thanks for the inputs.
nolitan
Will let you know when I get the TT Nolitan, but it will take some time. I might have to make a new thread just for this ok?
I'm using an Ortofon M20E Super which is a light but high compliance cart and thoroughly enjoyable. The presentation is lively, dynamic. For $149 (if I remember correctly), it's a steal. Had used a Clearaudio Maestro, and, without doubt, it truly is a fine cartridge--the specs are perfect. But for the price of one Maestro, you can buy several other MM carts and sample a wider variety. The Nagaoka MP 50 is a great match; I have one. The Garrott P77i, too. But my favorite cart for my Scout is a Grace F9e. Again, it's light, but it tracks like a hound. She's fast, smooth; the treble is crisp; the bass is never flabby or lacking; and the frequency range is fairly wide. I like it so much that I sent it into Soundsmith for a retip; now I'm counting the days. These are my opinions, of course. Just chimed in to let you know there are many carts that fit the Scout's arm, and many that work that you wouldn't think could. Good luck.
Well I finally got my Scout with the Grado Gold installed in my turntable. The only humming issue is my poor ground cable (I semi-fix it by using a paper clip, yes I know). With the paper clip the humming is only there if you put the volume at near max level. When playing records you can't hear it. So far it works just fine. I'm going to play it around with different albums to see if I can find the "Grado Dance." If you have any other questions please let me know!
I recently replaced the Platinum with a Sonata1.
The issue of the "Grado Dance" has not shown up yet. I don't have the 3 gram wt on the headshell any more either.
$297.00 for the re tip was money well spent. No hum, track very well at 1.65 grams. I still need to adjust the VTA but I am waiting for the cart. to breakin before trying to fine tune that.