Da Vinci AAS Gabriel

Hi,
I read the TAS review of this USD60K tt. Has any audiogoner out there any first hand experience with this tt and can share opinions? I currently use the TW Acustic Raven AC3 tt with the Davinci arm and cartridge. Wondering if it is worthwhile at all to switch to the AAS Gabriel tt.
128x128alectiong
Downunder,
you may place motors and the Raven plinth on separate platforms of one big isolation base with different and separated platforms on the top layer of the isolation base. Ask Mike from HRS, he can do it for you - I am pretty shure.
Downunder you would need a customized platform - or you increase the distance of the motors (a friend of mine did so with his AC-2 on a vibraplane with great results).
Minus-K does have fairly small sized isolation platforms.
As for the motors - they all vibrate.
As for the weight - the Raven AC3 is still TOO light to work on the smallest Vibraplane with anything near optimum results.
I would suggest putting a good solid granite or slade plate on the Vibraplane first and then the Raven on top.
The Vibraplane - as any isolation platform - does work best close to its maximum load. Only there the resonance frequency gets really low and thats what physics want.
All these do apply to the AAS Gabriel too.
Thuchan, Dertonarm - it seems neither of you have any idea of any current platform that isolates the TW AC3 and its 3 individual motors. Are you living in fairy land?

Of course if it is a problem at all, which I doubt as the motors are very quiet
You can do the pencil Test:
Record on the Table-no move-with the stylus into the lead out groove- all amps activated- Volume up to 50% or higher !!:
Struck with a pencil
-at the rack
-at the platform where your TT sits on it
-at the TT Chassis outside
-at the chassis near the platter
-onto the platter
-near the needle (1 inch)
and check what you will hear through your speakers.

Real good designs will let you hear close to nothing, others will hurt your ears.
The Vibraplane is quite good, normally used for electron microscopes. They are too cheap in my opinion, normally for use in Hospitals/Labors. Cheaper than a cable...I guess when it would be "made " for High End it would cost 12.000 instead of 2000. Anyone see High End equipment in Hospitals? HRS/SRA etc. racks for life saving electronics?
No?
Any idea why?
Or you can do comparisons with Belts. Could be possible you will get better results with 1 really good Belt (Specs!) and 1 motor than with a regular belt and multi Motors. Or 1 good motor can be better than multiple average motors...
A good belt is available for 80,-- And that's High End price.

Anyway, a VP is better than nothing (worst is glass or stone)
Sorry Downunder, but NO motor in high-end audio TT's is anywhere close to what is possible regarding quality and quiet regarding vibration.
It gives a really nice insight into the subject of micro-vibrations if one gives a close look into electron-microscope techniques.
They do require exactly the very same surround conditions as a high-end TT justifying the name.
But if you or others believe their motors are quiet and literally free from vibration - well this is of course fine with me.
And of course fine with the manufacturers of your TT's as they see that their marketing is successful.
Everything looks fine from the distance - and may display nasty details if looked at too close. Its like giving the skin of a beautiful girl a close look with a magnifier - it really can spoil the whole illusion......