Vpi vs. TW Acustic

My analog rig consists of a VPI Aries I, Triplanar, and Benz LP. My SoCal dealer suggests the Grand Prix Monaco TT should be my next move. However I don't have that kind of moola lying around and just try finding a used one. It ain't happening. So, would the TW Raven One be a big improvement over the the Aries or too much of a sideways move? And without the opportunity to audition, too risky?
hifigary
This has become both informative and entertaining.

VPI vs. Raven One....Here's what I noticed...
by Madfloyd

I used to own four tower Huge Infinity speakers. The Oracle literally blew the doors off of my previous listening place.
by Sirspeedy

Thanks for those. I've heard Madfloyd's VPI in another system and am very interested in reading about his results with the Raven. And the description of Sirspeedy's doors being blown off their hinges by four speakers is the funniest thing I've read in days.
Now that I've caught my breath, I guess it was the Oracle turntable that blew the doors off his room. Even funnier.
"P" ...if the table could not "do bass",the speakers would not have performed as such....

It was meant to be a bit of an "exageration",but you might not have picked up on it(actually you most likely "did") and your goading remark speaks volumes about you,personally,Imo.

Btw,only two of the four towers were dedicated to bass.You probably have not been around long enough to remember "that" speaker.I'm not too surprised by your reaction.You'll learn more as you gain some experience,I guess -:)
Sirspeedy,
No offense intended. It was all about your use of the word "literally". It conjures a very funny image, sort of like that old speaker ad where the guy (in profile) is sitting in his chair and being "blown away" by his speakers. That's all. I understand what you were trying to say. And yes, I have much to learn.
If SO,sorry for my defensiveness.

Btw,I did check the test record we used at the time,on the Oracle(a table I no longer own,but "really" respect).The speaker measured down(cleanly)to 16 hz.That was reinforced by my little group of audio enthusiasts at the time.

Btw,I miss "that" speaker more than any audio toy I've ever owned.
But my Braz/Adi Dreadnaught "git" is almost as "bold",and has a lifetime warranty,gets better with age,and is much more highly regarded and valuable once it gets a few years on it!

Kinda like "things audio".No? -:)

Best