Vpi vs. TW Acustic

My analog rig consists of a VPI Aries I, Triplanar, and Benz LP. My SoCal dealer suggests the Grand Prix Monaco TT should be my next move. However I don't have that kind of moola lying around and just try finding a used one. It ain't happening. So, would the TW Raven One be a big improvement over the the Aries or too much of a sideways move? And without the opportunity to audition, too risky?
hifigary
No brick and mortar dealer can sell every line. The honest ones, such as Brooks, will tell you if they've never heard something that's of interest. He can only recommend what he sells and knows. Makes sense to me.

Can you articulate what you feel you are missing with your current setup. What does the Aries do or not do that you find deficient?

Wendell
Wendell, I agree. Just trying to get much better sound, speed, and noise control that you get with the GP. The Aries is a good table but since I recently acquired the Triplanar I feel the table is somewhat of a weak link. Brooks has often told me that its too bad that GP does not make a cheaper table. Its a little frustrating that some great tables such as TW, Galibier, and others are not readily accessible for auditioning.
I have had many turntables i now have RAVEN AC1 heard TW RAVEN 1 A GREAT very musical table !!!
Hifigary,

If the VPI Classic is as good as the hype it may be a significant but affordable upgrade to the Aries. The last time I talked with Brooks he still had not received one from Harry due to some manufacturing issues with the platter. I'm not even in the market but would like to hear it.

Wendell
HiFiGary,

I upgraded from a VPI Scoutmaster with 9Sig arm to a TW Acustic Raven One with a Graham Phantom.
Yes it's a major upgrade that offers BOTH the HiFi goodies and more importantly, the musically significant upgrades as well. Check out Wayne Garcia's write-up of the Raven One in the current issue of TAS.
He pretty much nails the sound and value of the Raven One.
As a bonus, Jeff at Highwater Sound is a great guy to deal with and will guide you properly.