Ultimate sub?

So I have been in a slight upgrade stage recently. I just purchased a b&w HTM2 and I'm shopping for a sub. There is never much talk about subs it seems and so right now my two options are the Velodyne DDPlus 12 and the JL Audio Fathom 112. Are there any other manufacturers I should check out? This sub is an ultimate system purchase so I don't want to make a misstep.
dark_elation
If your willing to spend 12k or a tad less , the Ken Kreisel DXD12012 in a Quattro stack ( 4 subs 8 drivers in a push pull configuration with 10hz extenstion) in a pulsar configuration would be mind boggling and extremely musical, I have one DXD12012 and it will change your definition of what "true bass" sounds like! clean , clean, clean!
Of commercial subs I haven't heard anything to beat the Martin Logan Depth I - I have one myself.

That's commercial subs - I have found speaker manufactures, if you contact them, often can make you one specifically for whatever speaker you have. By this I mean if say your speaker is ported it would be 24 db per octave at whatever your speaker goes down to - similar if its sealed and you would use 12db. This matching makes a big difference in my experience and I will be getting new ones specially tailored for a new speaker I have on order.

Thanks
Bill