Cable Box Digital 5.1 converted to Digital Stereo

The cable company broadcasts quite a few all music channels and I would like to play that digital output into my Dac.

But, it seems the digital output is only in 5.1 and won't work with my Dac.
Is there any device that can decode (convert)the 5.1 Digital to a 2.0 Digital?
128x128ozzy
Labtec, Thank you for your response. My cable box provides no option.

Having the digital cable from the cable box plugged in to my Dac gives me a static signal.
I guess you would say my cable box outputs Bitstream that requires it to be decoded into a PCM signal.

So far, I have not found any type of add on decoders.
First, the signals are stereo as Dolby 2.0, so the conversion needed is to PCM 2.0.

Second, it is questionable whether these signals will benefit much (if at all) from the use of a good external DAC.

Third, if your cable box has HDMI output, you can get one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Dolby-DTS-PCM-5-1-7-1-To-Optical-Digital-Audio-Converter-Decoder-/230840436904

I wouldn't bother.
Kr4, Thanks for your comments.
The HDMI signal is going to my TV.

More info:
I own a Tascam DA-300 recorder. With this recorder, I could record hours of uninterrupted music then edit what I would like to keep to an external hardrive.

So, I guess my question now becomes is there any way to convert the Dolby digital to stereo PCM?
if your tv has an optical output it will most likely deliver a 24/48k stereo PCM signal to the DAC.....

Cable boxes have 2 menus for adjustment, a user menu and a service menu. Sometimes the adjustment mentioned by Labtec is in the service menu, and you will need a code to access it. Here is an example accessing a service menu. Your cable company will not likely give you the code to access the service menu, however, a search using your cable box name and model may find it.