MM to MC back to MM

Has anyone gone back to MM after trying MC cartridges? Why did you go back? What MC cartridges did you try?
jsman
Rauliruegas....What can you say about the other cartridge technologies.

Ceramic (Piezoelectric)..Using this technology very cheap cartridges could be made, but a few true High Fidelity ones were also made.

Capacitive...Tracked at one gram when other cartridges were 5 grams or so.

Strain gauge...

Any others?
Dear Eldartford: The last Piezo that I use was a very very old Zenith, because of time I can't comment nothing about. I never knew any High Fidelity unit like you mentioned, sorry.

Strain gauge, well Sao Win ( Win Labs ) designed one: the SDT10 that I never heard and that had not much success and in the last CES was presented a new strain gauge cartridge design that I can't remember the manufacturer. The strain gauge design has some advantages because there is no magnets/coils/armature/moving mass ( there are no problems with capacitance, impedance, hum and the like ), it can go down to DC!!! and goes easyly to 40-50kHz ( flat ), needs its own preamp that could be its " weak " link.

It will be interesting to test this one straing gauge cartridge bis a bis a " normal " one and compare the quality sound reproduction of both. Any one out there ( in controled conditions ) already hear it?

Regards and enjoy the music.

Raul.

Dear Jsman: The B&O cartridges are a very good choice too.

Regards and enjoy the msuic.
Raul.