MM to MC back to MM

Has anyone gone back to MM after trying MC cartridges? Why did you go back? What MC cartridges did you try?
jsman
"A couple amateurs working out of their garage"
A lot of the Great American Enterprises have started in a garage; Hewlet Packard, KFC, Pizza Hut, Barbie..GE..should I go on?
The thing about internet and buying directly from the designer is that Retailers are no longer needed, at 40%-50% discount the retailer is making more money than the manufacturer!
Selling direct, leaves the manufacturer with the possibility of adding more quality components and still have a product in a logical price range.
This great Internet era we are living in allows us to buy and sell gear in places like Audiogon and gives us the chance to try a lot of toys, 10 years ago having this much gear would be unthinkable!!
Buying without a retailer also puts more value into reviewers, audio magazines, Audio Shows and Forums like this one where one can get an idea of the sound and good opinions before buying.

As a customer I had good and bad experiences dealing with both, from the designer who guides you and listens to you and almost changes his product to fit your system, to the modder who takes a year to deliver, to the dealer that lets you take the gear to your house for a couple of weeks to the horrible retailer who tries to sell you his unsellable residual pieces at incredible prices and treats you like dirt in the process.
I always had good experiences selling and buying stuff from Audiogon and made some friends in the process!

I have to admit buying on the internet from a dealer gives me some piece of mind, but "the times they are a Changin"!

What would be of the audio world if Altec Lansing would have never come and gone...
I would like to add to my previous post that a retailer does a great job for the community with the knowledge of listening to a lot of gear through the years in their own listening rooms and guiding the customer...we are lucky to have serious input from experienced retailers.
I feel much more comfortable giving my credit card number to a known retailer or a manufacturer than to an unknown no-feedback seller.

All the Best
Rauliruegas....What can you say about the other cartridge technologies.

Ceramic (Piezoelectric)..Using this technology very cheap cartridges could be made, but a few true High Fidelity ones were also made.

Capacitive...Tracked at one gram when other cartridges were 5 grams or so.

Strain gauge...

Any others?
Dear Eldartford: The last Piezo that I use was a very very old Zenith, because of time I can't comment nothing about. I never knew any High Fidelity unit like you mentioned, sorry.

Strain gauge, well Sao Win ( Win Labs ) designed one: the SDT10 that I never heard and that had not much success and in the last CES was presented a new strain gauge cartridge design that I can't remember the manufacturer. The strain gauge design has some advantages because there is no magnets/coils/armature/moving mass ( there are no problems with capacitance, impedance, hum and the like ), it can go down to DC!!! and goes easyly to 40-50kHz ( flat ), needs its own preamp that could be its " weak " link.

It will be interesting to test this one straing gauge cartridge bis a bis a " normal " one and compare the quality sound reproduction of both. Any one out there ( in controled conditions ) already hear it?

Regards and enjoy the music.

Raul.