MM to MC back to MM

Has anyone gone back to MM after trying MC cartridges? Why did you go back? What MC cartridges did you try?
jsman
Dear Eldartford: The last Piezo that I use was a very very old Zenith, because of time I can't comment nothing about. I never knew any High Fidelity unit like you mentioned, sorry.

Strain gauge, well Sao Win ( Win Labs ) designed one: the SDT10 that I never heard and that had not much success and in the last CES was presented a new strain gauge cartridge design that I can't remember the manufacturer. The strain gauge design has some advantages because there is no magnets/coils/armature/moving mass ( there are no problems with capacitance, impedance, hum and the like ), it can go down to DC!!! and goes easyly to 40-50kHz ( flat ), needs its own preamp that could be its " weak " link.

It will be interesting to test this one straing gauge cartridge bis a bis a " normal " one and compare the quality sound reproduction of both. Any one out there ( in controled conditions ) already hear it?

Regards and enjoy the music.

Raul.

Dear Jsman: The B&O cartridges are a very good choice too.

Regards and enjoy the msuic.
Raul.
Jsman - So what MM and MC cartridges have you deciced to try? Do you plan on using the Rogue or something else?
Well I think for now I will use the Rogue phono stage, I had Anthem pre 1-p phono stage until recently, I sold it to simplfy things and installed the phono stage in the Rogue. As for the cartridge I have decided on the Dyna 20X VPI special version (1.0 mv) output.