What time do you wear?

What watch, if any, graces your wrist? Does time matter? You know: time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Either way.
khrys
I've been a watch collector for most of my life. Although in the past, I collected stuff from most of the Swiss houses, today, I tend to collect some of the more obscure Japanese stuff. Believe it or not, companies like Seiko make some extremely high end watches that compete with most of what the Swiss make at almost any level and is one of the few companies in the world that makes all their own parts and movements in house.

You won't however see any of these watches here in the US at the local mall although there are a couple of dealers now beginning to dabble in High End Japanese timepieces.

It's only been in the last 10 or 15 years that the rest of the hard core collecting world has learned about some of the Seiko domestic products and today it's not uncommon for a heavy duty collector with a 6 or 7 $ figure collection to tell you that their Seikos are among their favorites.

So that kind of explains my Username.

That said, I actually have a Panerai on today. :-)
The big Seiko flashy/sporty automatics and Divers, etc ALWAYS caught my eye when I was a young boy!!! They certainly had their own unique look to them. I also very well remember their magazine advertisements back then. They are slightly tricky reinstalling the main bridge until you've done a few. Also the automatic rotor bearings would wear, "if I remember right". Very strong running watches. It holds true as with other watches, as in rare dials, tho I know very little about Seiko collecting.
@Isochronism

Some of the older vintage Seiko dive watches from the 60's are worth good money today. A nice 6159 300M or a 6215 300M can fetch 5k or more. The market is very hot for them. A one button manual wind Seiko 5718 chronograph can easily fetch 8k or more today.

Here's a shot of one of my old Seiko Divers, it contains a high beat 36kbhp movement.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z284/wpetew/t6159.jpg
Yes, I hope to someday step up from a quartz movement. I really enjoy wearing a watch. It's not uncomfortable to me and I don't like to have to pull a cell phone out of my pocket to say "it's four fifty three". I can totally understand why people collect watches.