Denon 103R on a MMF-7

I bought an MMF-7 with the goldring eroica cart from this site. Really simple set up. Not sure I like the cart - ear ringing has grown tremendously since I started listening to this TT.

So, I read up on bang-for-buck carts here. Decided on the Denon 103R and bought one from audio cubes. (Man that was fast from Japan - a week and it was here - at a shipping cost of $7!).

Dismounted the goldring, and found that:
- The male connections on the 103R are way too small for the female tonearem connections
- The bolts don't fit throught the pickup hanger atop the tonearm.
- I had to remount the Goldring

Amp - Conrad Johnson 2250
Pre-Amp - Musical Fidelity 3.2cr

Anyway, please offer suggestions/thoughts/brilliance on how to/should I modify the setup to accomodate the 103R or not. BTW - Vinyl Engine doesn't seem to be in business anymore and I can't read Japanese...so if anyone knows of another location for the 103R english manual I'd appreciate it.
swimmerone
I'm wondering if the 103R is a good fit for the Project at all, but I never tried it when I had an MMF 7. I would think a more compliant cartidge would be a better choice.

" - The male connections on the 103R are way too small for the female tonearem connections "

Have you tried, very carefully, to squeeze the female connectors closed a bit more for a tighter fit? Be very careful with the wires on the Project arm, they are very fragile. Just use your fingers to try and squeeze the connectors closed a bit.

" - The bolts don't fit throught the pickup hanger atop the tonearm. "

Are they too short or too fat?
I just remembered this, use a toothpick in the end of the clips as you gently squeeze them and that should prevent the possibility of collapsing them.
Gently squeeze the female connectors of the tonearm cables with needle-nose pliers to create a tighter fit with the cartridge pins. You can also follow Dan ed's method.

Buy longer mounting screws from a dealer to mount the cart to the arm.

You'll also need a phono preamp or step up device. The Denon 103R is a low output MC cart that needs about 60dB gain. I would guess the phono section in the MF preamp doesn't provide sufficient gain.
Dan_ed - Great advice. Mounting screws are too fat. I was afraid to squeeze them as they are so fragile, and the toothpick/similiar device is a great idea.

Scottz - thanks for the advice. The phone section in the MF is supposed to handle MC cart, and I will check on the gain.