Denon 103R on a MMF-7

I bought an MMF-7 with the goldring eroica cart from this site. Really simple set up. Not sure I like the cart - ear ringing has grown tremendously since I started listening to this TT.

So, I read up on bang-for-buck carts here. Decided on the Denon 103R and bought one from audio cubes. (Man that was fast from Japan - a week and it was here - at a shipping cost of $7!).

Dismounted the goldring, and found that:
- The male connections on the 103R are way too small for the female tonearem connections
- The bolts don't fit throught the pickup hanger atop the tonearm.
- I had to remount the Goldring

Amp - Conrad Johnson 2250
Pre-Amp - Musical Fidelity 3.2cr

Anyway, please offer suggestions/thoughts/brilliance on how to/should I modify the setup to accomodate the 103R or not. BTW - Vinyl Engine doesn't seem to be in business anymore and I can't read Japanese...so if anyone knows of another location for the 103R english manual I'd appreciate it.
swimmerone

Showing 1 response by swimmerone

Dan_ed - Great advice. Mounting screws are too fat. I was afraid to squeeze them as they are so fragile, and the toothpick/similiar device is a great idea.

Scottz - thanks for the advice. The phone section in the MF is supposed to handle MC cart, and I will check on the gain.