Wish me luck

Just got a bag full of part. Going to mod. my 834P. Hope it doesn't end up being a boat anchor.

Tim
flemke
If all you are doing is R&R work and assuming all you are concerned with are your soldering skills. I would practice on something worthless before you work on your component. Otherwise good luck because you could really do some damage if not careful.

Chuck
When taking into account cost vs performance a modified EAR834P is very hard to beat.

I love my tweaked up EAR834P it is definetly worth the effort to do you won't regret it.
What an improvement! I can't wait for this to breakin a little. Now I want to mod. everything.

List of parts I changed out:
R1 & R101
R2 & R102
R3 & R103
R9 & R109
R11 & R111
C1 & C101
C5 & C105
C7 & C107
D1 & D2

I used Hovland caps.,metal film 1% resistors,and hexfred diodes.

After a month or so,I will do a second stage mod. The amount of work that can be done to this pre. is endless.

Tim
Tim

Fantastic, so did you practice a bit with your soldering technique? Was it on a PCB that the Resistors, Caps and Diodes were mounted on? What kind of iron did you use and how did you use a combination of a soldering pump and wick to remove the old solder. Sorry for all the questions but I have considered modding my own CD player which would require large amounts of R&R of various resistors and capacitors.

Chuck

Chuck