Is Genesis out of business?

Tried to call and was told they "were told they are moving", and sales manager was no longer available.
skull
Mike, I think the that this rock group folded long ago.

I am surprised that you had their phone number and it worked. By the way, I have many of their old albums and the terrible mixes and recordings are probably why Phil Collins split.

By the way, I heard that there was a speaker company that had this same name, is this true?
I hope not!!! If you are talking about speakers, Genesis makes the best speakers that I have heard. I own B&W Nautilus 801 myself and thought that I had found audio nirvana, until recently I heard the Genesis 350 at an audio show.....only one word to describe my feeling about how it sounds -- incredible!!! Music sounded unbelievably "live". That is not all, the 350 model is not even their top of the line. They have two more models - Genesis 1.1 and 201 that are better, with list price at $150,000 and $75,000. The 350 has a retail price of around $40,000. My dream is to be able to have a Genesis 1.1 someday... and then I will know what heaven sounds like........(their website is www.gen-tech.com)
As Albert Porter intimated, Genesis --the speaker people-- are invisible / inaudible / inaccessible. I have e-mailed them repeatedly. No answer. They *did* (do?) make great speakers. If they do sell speakers, I'm not sure they have customer service -- or any other service, for that matter.

On the other hand, the group has indeed folded, I only hear of Phil lately.

Cheers!
I do not think they are out of business, but service is EXTREMELY slow and inconsistent in quality (at best). I e-mailed about a half-dozen times trying to find out what was the input impedance of the subwoofer amp for my Genesis 300s. Eventually I received a reply e-mail, which said "All Genesis speakers have an impedance of four ohms". I very politely explained the difference between the nominal impedance for the speaker, and the input impedance of the subwoofer amp, but never got a further reply. Its generaly been my experience, though, that one out of every five e-mails gets answered.

By the way, Avguy, the 350 retails for about $25,000, and the 201 retails for $46,000.