VPI TNT HRX table - what tonearms?

I just bought, but have not yet picked up, a VPI TNT HRX turntable, which comes with a VPI JMW 12.5 tonearm. I also have a Graham 2.2 arm and a SME IV arm. Assuming I had the proper armboards, would either of these be superior to the JMW? Would other tonearms be superior to the JMW with this table?
Suttlaw
suttlaw
OK, dustcovers. The HRX turntable itself covers a rectangle 25 x 19 inches. This is more likely to fit in your location.

The VPI dustcover is a two piece affair that rests on the same surface as the HRX. The bottom piece consists of four walls that are longer and wider than the HRX itself and rise to about the level of the plinth. The top piece is identical except it has a top surface -- like an upside down open box. This dustcover provides a complete dust shield with no openings, and it can be taken off or put on without disturbing the turntable if you are playing a record. (VPI recommends leaving it off because possible resonant vibrations from the cover could color the music.)

My system is space constrained by WAF decor considerations, and the VPI cover would not fit. Gingko makes a dustcover that has dimensions 25 1/4 x 19 1/4 inches. The Gingko cover sits on the plinth, with its corners wrapped around the airbag towertops. It does not provide as complete a dust shield; there are little gaps where the dust could get in after a long time. It does not shield below the plinth. It is harder to put on and take off while playing a record, if you would want to do that. On the other hand, it is well thought out and extremely well made -- it feels solid and more rigid than the larger VPI cover.

To accommodate the JMW, you would need a tall Gingko with a cutout at the back behind the JMW, because the JMW has a high-rising signal cable and its counterweight juts out in the back beyond the plinth. My custom Gingko is lower and has no cut out because I am using the Graham 2.2. I am very happy with the Gingko dustcover given its compact size, good design and fit, excellent build quality, and outstanding support from the manufacturer involving a retrofit upgrade to the cover (to improve the fit by closing some gaps) after I bought it. While it is not the "official VPI" dustcover for the HRX, it performs its function very well. I strongly recommend it, especially if you have a space constraint.
Suttlaw, If you don't mind, what did you have to pay over the price of the standard HRX for the "special" version? Have you had a chance to listen to the ZYX yet. I am thinking of the same cart for my Aries/JMW 10. Has anyone compared the HRX to the Aries...... It's on my dream table list, and I just wonder if there is a big difference. Don't mean to hijack your thread, but you are getting the front end of my dreams.

Thanks
Chris
Dear Cmo: I think that in your system is a better choice the Dynavector XV-1, Koetsu RSP or Benz Micro Ruby 3, instead of the ZYX: this one is not at the same quality sound reproduction level of the others, maybe the next generation of ZYX cartridges can be at the top but not now.
Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
so you are the lucky one who got that deal recently, I woke up too late to see the ad...
Suttlaw, You asked about power cords with the SDS. I can recommend the Silent Source power cords for both the SDS and the motor. If you do put Silent Source PC's in the mix of cords you audition, let us know what happens.

As for cartridges, if you are first going to try a Benz---as some posters have recommended, give the "LP" or "Ebony" a shot.

SME IV or V 'arms on the HRX: Since SME 'arms require such a large cut away to accommodate the over-hang, sliding assembly (not to mention their low-slung DIN connectors), I would think that making such a large cutaway would make any other 'arm un-mountable after a SME has occupied the space. (The mounting holes are made directly into the base/plinth, right?) Also, the large cut-away for a SME would somewhat undermine the presumed design benefits of the massive, rigid, contiguous plinth/base of the HRX in the first place.

JMW 'arm connectors: I think you can get a VPI Phono Interface Box with a DIN connector.