How often do you have to tuneup Linn Sondek LP12

Hi, I'm thinking of buying an Linn turntable but was wondering how often do you have tune the subchassis? I have a Rega 25, would moving to the Linn be an upgrade? Would be grateful for any input. Thanks! duckboy
duckboy
I agree with the above, but the key is - do you have someone who can set it up correctly? If you're going to buy new, the dealer will do this for you, but think about it if you're buying used.
JC2000 and Alan2 are especially correct as well as the other posts. Once set up well it will stay that way for many years.
I have owned my LP12 since 1973. I think summer. Mine has been overhauled once with springs, change the oil, etc. When I changed the tone arm 5 years ago it was tuned up and belt changed. I just keeps working. They are very low maintenance tables.
I would NEVER buy another LP 12. Ever! From day one, I was never really happy with it. I used to use an old Dual 1219, idler driven table, which had fantastic dynamics and the most solid bass I had ever heard. The Linn doesn't do bass very well. After a multitude of arms, power supplies, motors, bearing upgrades, etc., etc., etc., I sold it for a massive loss. Then I purchased a Dual 1229 idler drive table, removed the arm, installed a Grace 747 and never looked back. Copy this link into your brower and read this before you buy. http://www.high-endaudio.com/RC-Linn.html
For all those who love the Linn, I say Cheers! It is a pretty table after all, but to me, not a very musical one.
Best,
Norman