Just Pulled The Trigger

Bought a new, 2m run of Cardas Golden Reference Bi-Wire speaker cable with 9mm spades. Cost me $1,450 with a trade-in of my 11 year old Neutral Reference Bi-Wire. The GR is now a "legacy product" and is still available on a limited basis at a discounted price. The retail on the GR was about $2,500. Although I am very much looking forward to the upgrade, to be used in conjunction with my Cardas GR ICs, I can't believe that I just spent that much for speaker wire. Hopefully, this is not a situation where a fool and his money are soon parted. What do you think? Please, be kind.
rlb61
Rlb61,

It will sound better because your mind will tell your ears that it should sound better. So, yes, it will sound better.
rlb61, you're in for a treat. As mentioned let them settle in for a couple weeks and you'll be loving it. I still think about how good they were in my system. Still wish I had them but sadly had to sell them off.
Is it possible that the "soon parted" should be viewed in the past tense?

If you have any overlap in ownership with both your old and new cables and have someone you trust to change them out, have them change them at an unknown time and see if you notice the change. You may validate your purchase or you may find yourself thinking the change was made when it wasn't and then might not notice when it was.

I do hope you are happy with your purchase.