Just Pulled The Trigger

Bought a new, 2m run of Cardas Golden Reference Bi-Wire speaker cable with 9mm spades. Cost me $1,450 with a trade-in of my 11 year old Neutral Reference Bi-Wire. The GR is now a "legacy product" and is still available on a limited basis at a discounted price. The retail on the GR was about $2,500. Although I am very much looking forward to the upgrade, to be used in conjunction with my Cardas GR ICs, I can't believe that I just spent that much for speaker wire. Hopefully, this is not a situation where a fool and his money are soon parted. What do you think? Please, be kind.
rlb61
It'll probably sound good.

How bad could it be?

I would not spend that much on ICs personally, but what to buy and how much to spend is a personal decision.

I also would not spend hundreds of dollars on any bottle of wine, but people often do just for a special treat.
I've just purchased original release of David Bowie "Earthling" vinyl negotiated for $235 from $300.
Gotta have this hot item and great album.
I also have ones I buy for $1...3 each.
I've had cables make more difference in sound quality than component changes. That being said, I've not heard those particular cables. Don't make any judgements until you've run current through them continually for 200 hours.
Trust me, GR is a HUGE upgrade over NR. I have
heard both and the difference is palpable.