Has anyone heard the new OPPO BDP-83SE

If the price/performance ratio of this $899 player (as listed on OPPO's web site) is comparable to their past offerings this should be the mother of all giant killers.
kdibello
"As I can't output SACD's to the 840C DAC, this is what I wanted the most out of the upgrade. It has me looking at buying SACD's again."

Please help me understand above statement. Are you saying that with the old 83 you couldn't output SACD's to the 840C DAC...

...but with the 83SE you can output SACD's to the 840C DAC?

I hadn't thought outputting SACDs was possible, but I thought I read that the 83SE has some method of converting SACD to a signal that can go thru digital coax, etc...is that possible? If not, what did you mean about "being interested in buying SACD's again?"

Also, point well taken that you really prefer the CA unit. We each have our favorite DAC or CDP. However, would you say that - to a lesser degree - the Oppo also has a warm sound, or is Oppo sort of lean and perhaps analytical on CDs?

Thanks!
No machine can output SACD (DSD) signal through S/PDIF, however, they can be sent through HDMI.

However, the Oppo allows one to convert DSD to PCM and then output via the HDMI. There are some products that converts HDMI LPCM signal into an S/PDIF signal, and with thos gadget, you may be able to retrieve the DSD signal.

With the Oppo, the DSD conversion to PCM resulted in an 88.2kHz signal.
Extremephone,

At what bit rate does DSD converse to? Is it 16/88.2 or 24/88.2?