Solid State Power Amps

I’m currently using 2 PrimaLuna EVO 400 power amps. I want to try my EVO 400 preamp with solid state power amps. I am considering the BHK 300, MC830, Accuphase 250 or 300 and the Pass X260.8. My budget is around 25k. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. If there is something else please recommend it. 

128x128sgordoxyz

Hello sgordoxyz!  You have chosen well regarded and well reviewed power amps. My I suggest an less expensive alternative.  Starke Sound makes great amps and low prices. I have 5 of their AD320-4 amps and one of the new replacements, the Fiera4. I drive everything from Linkwitz XL521-4s to Magnapans with them. They sound wonderful. 200 wpc, four channels (perfect for the LX521's. Perfect for electronic crossovers feeding a 2 way stereo pair.) The have a decent return policy. I think you will be impressed. I have no connection with the company; I am interested in "the most bang for the buck."  I don't build my onm amps any more. I have two stereo Purii Audio amps, and I prefer the Starkes. You don't need to spend a fortune to have good sound. Enjoy the Music!

NYAL (New York Audio Labs) Moscode 600 uses a tube input/driver stage connected to a Mosfet output stage. 300wpc. I have the Moscode 150 - 75wpc. Designed by George Kaye. Go to the Stereophile archives to read the review of the Moscode 300.

I would add D'Agostino to your list.  Friend of mine has Focal Grand Utopia driven by Dag and sounds wonderful.  

I will echo the suggestion for Bryston amps.  They come with a 20 year transferable warranty.  They are built to last.  Of course they perform well.  But at this price point,  you want something you can depend upon.

A close friend used to be the McIntosh repair tech at the House of Music in San Francisco.  He saw plenty of broken Mac gear and knew it wasn't worth the money people were spending.  They made their rep with the old classic tube gear and have been living off of that for the last 50 years.  They don't have a 20 year warranty...  Go with Bryston.