Audioquest or Nordost for speaker cable

I have all Nordost IC but have been impressed by Audioquest power cable and am thinking of changing my speaker cables to Audioquest Thunderbird zero. I currently have Nordost Heimdall. Do you think that’s a good idea, Thanks.

couger4u

Thanks for listing your equipment — most helpful.  If digital source performance is important I’d put a good DAC ahead of spending on new speaker cables as IMHO a decade-old $500 CD player (that you could continue to use as a transport) is outclassed by the rest of the gear in your system.  If digital is not important and you’re resigned to upgrading speaker cables it’d still be most helpful to know what improvements and sound characteristics you’re looking for with new cables.

In that system with AQ power cables and Aria 936, go with Nordost. I own Focal Aira 926 and they are relatively warm sounding speakers. You will fatten it up too much with AQ speaker cables 

@soix I understand the CD player is old but that is not a priority for me as it has served me well all these years. Maybe in the future. Also, I am looking to enhance my listening to a greater level with the speaker cables. It is quite good with heimdall but I have heard there are better speaker cables out there. That is why I want to replace them. Thanks for your advice though. 

It is quite good with heimdall but I have heard there are better speaker cables out there. That is why I want to replace them.

So, for the third time I’ll ask what specific improvements and sound characteristics are you looking for with new cables?  Without that info this is just a crapshoot of random recommendations of what other people like and that may have nothing to do with what you’re actually looking for.