B&W 805 D4: which 5 channel power amp should I go with (home theater): Parasound or Rotel

Hearing Hans Zimmer score play during scenes from The Dark Knight, Inception & Interstellar is life changing. The 805 D4 works great for l/r speaker for movies. Of course I need to add a center channel which would either be the HTM81 D4 or the HTM82 D4 but I’ll save that for another discussion.

Here are the power amps I’m looking at:

Parasound:

- Halo A 51

- Halo A 52+

Rotel:

- RMB-1585

- RMB-1585MKII

I’m not able to go into an audio store to test out power amps  so I would like your expert opinion on which might work better with these speakers or if you have any recommendations for 5 channel power amp then I would gladly go take a look at those online.

Thank you for your time.

candyisdandy

@nekoaudio I’m looking at the A51 and A 52+ and the only major differences I can find is that the A51 is slightly older with 250-watt-per-channel power output at 8 ohm & the A52+ is 180 watts at 8 ohm if using 5 speakers. Also the $2k price difference if I do go with the A51. I’m just wondering if I’m in a 11x13 room and don’t plan to blast these speakers loud all the time should I just go with the A52+ or is it better to have more power and go with the A51?

@candyisdandy the extra headroom is usually nice. The volume difference between 180W and 250W isn't much. But the A 51's current capacity is higher, and that can translate into audible improvements even a the same volume, given that the B&W speakers you are considering do not just stay at 8 ohms impedance.

The Parasound A51 is tempting me. Now I’m just wondering will my bedroom now dedicated small home theater be able to handle all that power on my 15 amp outlet...

Just my two cents from your comment:

I might not add surrounds but I'd like to be future proof.

I can't imagine my Home Theater WITHOUT rear surround speakers.  I even have Front Surround in-wall speakers.  My setup is Left, Right, Center, Rear Surround Di-Pole mounted overhead on a duct shaft, Front In-Wall Surrounds, and a Sub.  Watching action movies is amazing.  I'd really recommend installing rear surrounds at minimum while you are initially setting it up.

The old THX certified Halo amps are better than the newer Plus versions just FYI.