Streamer question

I've looked and looked and can't find the answer to my question.

I use a Bluesound Node to stream both Spotify and Qobuz.  The Bluesound lets me use the web app that I downloaded to my Ipad to play music.

I want to upgrade, but I'm not seeing whether or not that is possible.  Most of the better streamers ($2000 or so) seem to have their own software which I would rather not use.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Thank you!

jzzmusician

I used Rigelian with the Bryston BDP3.  As another poster noted, at least back then it only managed local storage.  If I wanted to use Qobuz I had to be in Manic Moose.  This was annoying because one couldn’t easily navigate between stored music and streamed music.  I also found it inadequate for managing local storage, although certainly an improvement over Manic Moose

I have both bluos and Innuos sense apps. Actually the Innuos is just as simple and easy as bluos to connect to qobuz as it has a direct qobuz connection. 

I use sense on my Zenith Mk3 and Wiim on ifi Aurora. No comparison, sense wins by a country mile. Before Sense I used iPeng; when Sense was introduced the jump in user friendliness and SQ wasn‘t small!

@mahler123 

It looks like Rigelian has the capability to directly connect to Qobuz now via UPnP that runs with the app.  Question is:  Do you then send it to MPD running on the BDP?  or does it get rendered at the controller. I think I will hop over to the Bryston Circle on Audiocircle and see if anybody knows. 

I, too, have gone the route of the Pulse Mini with the Zen LPSU power supply. I couldn't be happier.