Streamer question

I've looked and looked and can't find the answer to my question.

I use a Bluesound Node to stream both Spotify and Qobuz.  The Bluesound lets me use the web app that I downloaded to my Ipad to play music.

I want to upgrade, but I'm not seeing whether or not that is possible.  Most of the better streamers ($2000 or so) seem to have their own software which I would rather not use.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Thank you!

jzzmusician

I use sense on my Zenith Mk3 and Wiim on ifi Aurora. No comparison, sense wins by a country mile. Before Sense I used iPeng; when Sense was introduced the jump in user friendliness and SQ wasn‘t small!

@mahler123 

It looks like Rigelian has the capability to directly connect to Qobuz now via UPnP that runs with the app.  Question is:  Do you then send it to MPD running on the BDP?  or does it get rendered at the controller. I think I will hop over to the Bryston Circle on Audiocircle and see if anybody knows. 

I, too, have gone the route of the Pulse Mini with the Zen LPSU power supply. I couldn't be happier.

The DMP-A5 everSolo pairing with a top-notch r2r DAC like the Gustard R26 or Denafrips Pontus II can create a heavenly listening experience. Its smooth and user-friendly native app interface also significantly enhances the overall experience.

I went from an Bluesound Node 2i to a Volumio Primo with significantly improvement on sound. Then I exchanged the Primo with the Volumio Rivo and added an external DAC and a linear power supply (Farad 3). Now I am really happy. Sounds great