Streamer question

I've looked and looked and can't find the answer to my question.

I use a Bluesound Node to stream both Spotify and Qobuz.  The Bluesound lets me use the web app that I downloaded to my Ipad to play music.

I want to upgrade, but I'm not seeing whether or not that is possible.  Most of the better streamers ($2000 or so) seem to have their own software which I would rather not use.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Thank you!

jzzmusician

I, too, have gone the route of the Pulse Mini with the Zen LPSU power supply. I couldn't be happier.

The DMP-A5 everSolo pairing with a top-notch r2r DAC like the Gustard R26 or Denafrips Pontus II can create a heavenly listening experience. Its smooth and user-friendly native app interface also significantly enhances the overall experience.

I went from an Bluesound Node 2i to a Volumio Primo with significantly improvement on sound. Then I exchanged the Primo with the Volumio Rivo and added an external DAC and a linear power supply (Farad 3). Now I am really happy. Sounds great

@jzzmusician  I was in a similar position using my BluSound node to stream to a DAC - in my case it was a Schitt Yggdrasil LIM.  I did upgrade the BS node with a LPSU and Sbooster power supply and it made a noticeable difference in the sound quality.  Recently I decided to move completely away from the node and add a dedicated streamer.  I went the route of an Aurrender N200 but as others here are indicating there are certainly alternatives to choose from.  Note that I am only streaming TIDAL at the present and not using the Conductor app.  I have been experimenting with Conductor and quite frankly its easy to use.  Also streaming Qobuz.  The point is you can use the app of your music service and not have to use the streamer app ( at least in the case of Aurrender ) as I cant speak to the other options.  And yes with the N200 I can certainly hear a noticeable difference vs that of the BS node streamer. 

+1 on the Innuos Sense App.

I am also an Innuos Sense convert having moved from a Roon Roc as a dedicated streamer to a PULSEmini with a Keces P3 LPS.    A very good upgrade especially sound quality wise using the Sense App over Roon and of course, it’s free.  I’ve since dumped Roon and never gone back.  By the way, the Sense App’s integration with Qobuz is flawless and seamless and once you get used to it, is as easy to navigate as Roon.

I liked the Innuos experience so much that when Audio Advisor was selling the Innuos PULSE for $2350, I jumped on it.  And wow!!  The PULSE is awesome!  I’ve read a lot here about the difference high quality streamers can make and now I’m a believer.  I’m primarily a vinyl guy but the PULSE made a significant audible improvement to my digital front end.  In fact, now I want to upgrade my Pontus II DAC!

And now for a shameless plug, I’m selling my PULSEmini and Keces P3 streaming front end on US Audiomart right now if anyone is interested.  Here’s the link:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650043002-innuos-pulsemini-with-keces-p3-lps-plus-upgraded-ghent-dc-cable/