Streamer question

I've looked and looked and can't find the answer to my question.

I use a Bluesound Node to stream both Spotify and Qobuz.  The Bluesound lets me use the web app that I downloaded to my Ipad to play music.

I want to upgrade, but I'm not seeing whether or not that is possible.  Most of the better streamers ($2000 or so) seem to have their own software which I would rather not use.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Thank you!

jzzmusician

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

You might look into the Bryston BDP 2 or 3.  I owned the 3, which sounded fantastic.  The big negative, and the reason that I got rid of it, was the lack of an app.  You have to use Bryston Manic Moose, a web based application that I hated.  However I have seen other posters mention that they have used other web based applications with the Bryston units, so it might fit your bill

I used Rigelian with the Bryston BDP3.  As another poster noted, at least back then it only managed local storage.  If I wanted to use Qobuz I had to be in Manic Moose.  This was annoying because one couldn’t easily navigate between stored music and streamed music.  I also found it inadequate for managing local storage, although certainly an improvement over Manic Moose