Prima Luna Vs Accupahse

I am looking to get out of my Arcam SA20 and upgrade soon. I have the opportunity to get a good deal on both a used Prima Luna Evo300 Hybrid and used Accuphase E-280. My main speakers for now are the Focal Aria 936K2 but plan on getting Tannoy’s later. Which one would yall say is the better amp. Thank yoi!

128x128edwinf

Out of both amps which one would you say is the better amp. I want to take my system to the next level.

Hard to recommend any amp without knowing what specific improvements you’re looking for over your Arcam and what sound characteristics (i.e. imaging/3D soundstage, tonality, treble detail/air, micro/macro dynamics, PRaT, etc.) are most important to you.  “Better” and “next level” are pretty vague and can mean very different things to different people depending on their personal tastes/preferences.  So more specifics would be very helpful here. 

The Prima Luna Hybrid amp has gotten some rave reviews when it first came out. Looks like a winner.

There is a substantial gap here in build quality alone Accuphase is far better 

made in Japan which has much much more QC as well as parts quality,

also their failure rate in the lowest 5% in the worlld going from others I read over a 20 year period ,in their preamp section a patented volume attenuator, 

look at prima luna in the magazines up front left a Round silver can which is a low cost Alps or burns volume pot ,2 pieces of plastic wipers with a conductive spray on them , why ? When a ladder resistor , or relay volume attenuator is far more accurate .

Accuphase all the way, however I also agree with @soix.  It would be best to get the speakers first if you can.

All the best.