Mirage M7si bass bump how to deal with it?/

I have a pair of Mirage M7si speakers which are very good but have a bass bump that is hard to get rid of via the usual methods The speakers were reviewed in Stereophile and received very high marks but the reviewer had the same issue. Should I try stuffing the ports a little?? I know this helped with a pair of Polk LS 90s that were very bass heavy,. thanks
I am comparing the Mirage units to Def tech BP 20s and Infinity Kappa 7.1 series II (very impressive also)
128x128geph0007
Hmmm. I'd just pass on them if you've tried everything. Sounds like the bass is a deal breaker. That graph was showing an 8db hump between 40 and 100 which is ridiculous in my opinion and suggests some bizarre design decisions. There are better speakers out there. Lots of them.
If you really want to alter the frequency curve, then use an parametric equalizer.
It does not sound as bad as it looks and the speakers are very impressive I tried a marantz PM 8003 and that has pretty tight bass which helps Not sure if it is enough yet.
Agree with Onhwy61, or else get one of the digital room correction units and use it to shape the in-room response.
"04-17-15: Onhwy61
If you really want to alter the frequency curve, then use an parametric equalizer.
Onhwy61 (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

Generally, I would prefer a different solution, but in your case, it may be the best way to go. Fooling with cables is no way to go about it. Something like a Behringer 24/96 digital eq should give you some good results. Since its digital, you can run it through a DAC for better SQ. The only other thing I can think of, besides an eq is to get a more powerful amp. The amps you list as tried are not the last word in power and control.