Integrated suggestions

Hi all,  for personal reasons I need to sell my $17k tube integrated & would have to replace it with something much cheaper - around $4k, maybe $5k...

I only mention the price of my current amp so you're familiar with the level of performance to which I am accustomed. 

It would need to have at least one balanced input, line only is fine, at least 30W PC, any class is OK as long as it offers exceptional performance for its price point! Tube or SS. Capability to run 4ohm speakers.

Any suggestions...?

I know there are many but you guys may suggest something I may not consider.

Thanks. 

128x128infection

"Sugden, Moonriver or Hegel depending on your room and speakers." 

As someone mentioned, the Moonriver doesn't have an XLR input.  Neither does the Sugden (at least the A21 series).  I would consider the Norma IPA140, made in Italy, to very high standards.

I just traded in my Esoteric F-07 for the new Michi x3, Series 2 that includes their new 8-Channel ESS SABRE ES9028PRO DAC (you can still use an external DAC).

I have had several previous integrated SS (Musical Fidelity, Rotel, McIntosh hybrid), Class D (Primare), and Tube amps (Prima Luna, Modwright, Cary) and this by far has been the best sounding paired with my B&W 805s.  The bass is so much more prevalent that I no longer use my REL sub.

Build solid, almost Apple like in its appearance and packaging, and seems to weigh more than its 64 lbs.  Pricing is about $5,700 which I would say is under priced compared to integrates of similar quality and specs.

Infection,

Some models from Wilsenton, Pathos, and Prima Luna would fit your needs. However I have not personal usage in my system, so going off of reputation and specs alone

If you can find one used my recommendation would be a Jeff Rowland Continuun S2. I still have my tube separates which were over $30K 15 years ago but nowadays enjoy the Rowland. Very smooth and musical with lots of detail and with a very low noise floor. 

paulcreed

Very nice- CJ CAV 45 S2. I am hoping that the company will build an Integrated with more Power. Sweet "control" Amp.

Happy Listening!