Canare 4S11"G" now available!

I’ve been a HUGE cheerleader of the Canare 4S11 speaker cable for years now.

I have wanted try the "G" version (Oxygen Free Copper) for quite awhile now, but the minimum order was 328 feet, so I never got to try it. It is now available by the foot.

https://www.performanceaudio.com/products/canare-4s11g-ofc-oxygen-free-copper-star-quad-speaker-cable-14awg-grey-by-the-foot-1

The guys at Canare claim it’s 4S11 "kicked up a notch"! Man I love that cable.

I’m going to buy enough for my shotgun setup that I use and see how they compare.

Stay tuned...

128x128mofimadness

Canare 4S11 user here too, and with the estimated over 400 hrs burn-in, not terribly excited about going through the same thing with the G. 

Canare 4S11 user here too, and with the estimated over 400 hrs burn-in, not terribly excited about going through the same thing with the G. 

I still recommend 500 hours, (Canare recommends 200, but it needs more).  I totally understand your thoughts about break-in.  I have a separate system that I use strictly for cable break-in, so it will go into that system for 21 days.  No harm , no foul...

The story I heard was that the presence of oxygen promotes oxidation/tarnish on the strands of wire. So, OFC is the way to go. The fact that the ends get cut, allowing oxygen to enter, was not addressed.

I guess it never ends. Oxygen free, then why not OCC, and while they're at it, could they make the insulation PTFE? I'm not being sarcastic, but all of these details have been felt by users to yield sonic benefits over the years, and it's tempting to wonder how far the basic design's performance could go. As it stands now, I guess the fact that there is a lot of copper wire in there is part of what sounds good, and the affordable price makes it a good choice for those of us (myself included) who aren't wealthy. I think that I'm going to give it a try. 

Thanks for the note, @mofimadness . Always nice to have options from a first class source like Canare..

As I understand it, oxygen changes the crystalline structure of the copper cable. OFC has fewer crystal boundaries for the signal to cross.

I suspect that the OP would be better off by running both positive and negative terminals in the same cable. As I understand it, the whole point of the star-quad configuration is to minimize both broadcasting of an EM signal and receiving an EM signal. I don’t see how that happens if you use one cable for positive and another cable for negative.

Also, running one side in each of two cables is going to considerably increase inductance, which will attenuate high frequency. That’s fine for woofers, but not for full range.

IMO.