Anyone else feel like they are “transported” INTO the music

Beautiful sound stage on my system. After just a few moments of listening I feel myself “transported” into the music and can “walk” among the voices, instruments, etc regardless of what I am listening to, aside from mono tracks. Front, back, side to side. A bit daydreamy. Love the sensation. No weed or alcohol involved! Am I completely nuts or do others get this feeling?

128x128sastimpson

It started for me when I added a subwoofer array (4 subs). I got lucky with my room design as well. There's a 'cut out' area (meant for a large TV- 30" deep), that helps the sound stage go 'back' further than it normally would.

It sometimes shocks me when I hear something almost behind me and to either side.

Every time I drop the needle or que up a play list on my Zenith. I escape from the pressures of work and go to another place, with out the aid of modern chemistry or fermented fruits and grains. 

One thing I’ve had happen live that I’ve never had happen with a sound system is the music taking over and transforming the space - at least in my mind. I went to see Isaac Stern at our local Hult Center for the Performing Arts. It was just him and a pianist playing duet. He and the pianist came on stage, talked a bit about the works they were going to play, did a little tuning, and then started in to it. With the first few notes, I could almost see something settling down in the concert hall, a magical atmosphere. It really shocked me! The concert hall was transformed in a matter of seconds, felt like I was in a different place and time.

Something similar happened when I was in middle school. A quartet from a University stopped by our school and performed for us in orchestra class. The effect was almost too much for me. I was overwhelmed with emotion, literally trembling by the time it was over. I was trying to hold it together, embarrassed that tears might start flowing in front of my classmates. I recall they played something by Dvorak.

Yes, every time I listen to my system. But weed helps, Lol.

Of course, I don't use my magic hookah every time I listen, but it tends to accentuate the effect for certain.