Can a better power cable make a difference if NOT plugged directly into an outlet?

I am curious about improving my sound with power cable upgrades.

At present, I'm using a setup which Almarg (RIP) used and which he recommended to me:

Wall outlet (hospital plug)
Audience Adept Response-ar2p power conditioner
Wiremold strip w/ Shunyata defender

I use Pangea AC 9 SE and AC14 SE cords, at present.

This setup has been quiet and hum free. 

Still I'm curious about whether better power cables might make some improvements, here or there.

The question is, whether any improvements a power cable could bring would be blunted or nullified by the setup I'm presently using.

Any thoughts?

Those who say power cables never matter, please go watch a cute cat video instead of posting here, please.

128x128hilde45

Power cables do not make a differrence.

Until you plug it in and turn on your components =D

@hilde45 I have used several different Audience power cables over the years. Starting with their original AU24 powerChord. Excellent cables that work well on DACs (medium power AU24se) and amps (high power AU24se). I was not as impressed with their lower end Forte F3 though.

I like your plan to step up significantly. That should make the difference more obvious. 

+1 on rhodium plating...took some getting use to.The burn in time is crucial.Once the flip flop is done.The tone is clean, no glare.Been gold guy forever and i think a  mix is more musical

@hilde45 :

My Audience plugs directly into the wall. There is no place to insert a cord, there. The wiremold strip plugs into the audience and then serves everything.

Sorry about that, I was not familiar with your Audience conditioner, I just looked it up. It hooks up directly attached to the wall outlet, no power cord needed.

In addition to Audience power cords, you may also want to try Wireworld power cords, Electra and up. There may be good synergy with your Wireworld power strip. Wireworld power cords claim to be conditioning power cords, so probably plugged to your Wireworld strip, which goes directly to the wall, may be a good starting point to experiment. They recommend 2 meter lengths (or more) for best results